Re: 1971 MG Midget Trouble

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1971 MG Midget Trouble
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:37:46 -0500
I went over the distributor alignment with some friends and made sure that
the rotor pointed to #1 when #1 was on its compression stroke and near TDC.
So unless I missed something else, I feel positive that its not 180 deg out.

It makes sense logically to me that if the circuit thought the points were
continuously OPEN then the circuit goes dead and the coil should never get a
chance to charge up and dump 15k Volts down the pipe.

So the problem seems to me to be that the circuit thinks the points are
always open.

I will try to get some more detailed pictures of the current setup and post
them for everyone to see tonight.

I am currently on my way to the pool to enjoy some Memorial Day fun.  I hope
everyone else gets to do the same!

JR