1971 MG Midget Trouble

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1971 MG Midget Trouble
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:40:32 -0500
I am rebuilding a 1971 1275 midget engine and am running into a problem.

I think I have everything wired up correctly, but when I turn the key, the
engine turns over but I get no spark at the plugs.

All of the parts are new from Moss Motors:
Ignition Coil
Points (Gapped to .015)
Condenser

I checked and replaced the wires going to the coil and to the distributor.

Do you have any advice or suggestions on where I could get some answers?

Thanks!

John Roberts
Birmingham, Alabama

P.S. Here are some pics in case you wanted to see what I have done.
Distributor Wiring:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/lojack507/DSC01226.jpg

Engine BEFORE:  April 2005
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/lojack507/EnginePS_23APR05.jpg