Re: sputter

To: Malcolm Jeffcock <msjeffcock@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Re: sputter
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:51:12 -0400
When this happened to me on my '70 B, it was a clogged fuel line from
crud in the tank.  If there's a fuel filter, I would check that first.
Check the float bowls for sediment, and the fuel pump itself.  My fuel
pump had quite the accumulation of sediment; I took out at least a
couple of tablespoons worth.

My problem showed up after I replaced the leaking original tank with a
used one that, apparently, still had some sediment even though I had it
boiled out at a radiator shop.

Your symptoms sound identical to what mine were.  I tried all those
other things suggested by the other listers first before discovering the
starvation problem.