Re: New List Member

To: <harley.muse@hklaw.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New List Member
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:00:37 +0100
Very definitely possible, although it didn't happen to me when mine started
leaking.  If it *should* happen again then before you switch off, push the
clutch pedal down, or knock it out of gear, look at the tach and ignition
warning light.  If the tach is still registering (i.e. the momentum of the
car is still spinning the engine) then the problem is either HT or fuel.  If
the tach immediately drops even though the engine is still spinning it is an
ignition LT problem.  If additionally the ignition warning light is glowing
then the voltage has been lost from the white wire from the ignition switch.

PaulH.