Re: Hi Torque Starter follow-up

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi Torque Starter follow-up
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:57:59 -0700
Sounds good.

I have to admit I'm one of those who questioned the need for a "high torque"
starter, though. The early, high compression B engine scarcely seems to
require any starter action whatsoever. I can't say how many times I have got
it started with a single slow revolution from a nearly flat battery, and
when my flywheel was trashed I used to start it every day just by opening
the driver's door, pushing backward with my left foot until it started
rolling down the 6-inch ramp into the street, and jamming it into reverse.

However, I suppose anything that replaces the "inertial engagement" starter
is a plus.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149