Re: 1967 Austin A60 Pickup

To: ladaniels@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: 1967 Austin A60 Pickup
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:02:43 -0400
Larry,
   I don't know what effect the Pos Earth would have on the inverter, and
you may not be able to get a solid answer by the time you pick up the
Austin.
   But don't worry about it, or chance it.   All you have to do is to
move the connections inside the inverter's  plug so that the plug
"thinks" it's going into  a Neg Earth cigar lighter.
   Those of us with Pos Earth TDs do this trick similarly so that we can
use our CB radios in the Pos Earth TDs and Neg Earth MGBs and everything
else----we isolate an aftermarket cigar lighter in the TD, then connect
it with power supply and ground wires as if it were Neg Earth.  The CB is
set up for Neg Earth, so it is happy in the other vehicles.
Bob