Door seal fittings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Door seal fittings
From: "RD Williford" <dan_mgs@verizonmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:07:37 -0500
Am planning to attempt replacing vent window and outer door window seals this
weekend (among other B projects). The existing seals are in bad shape....

I've seen in varous tech tips that the door top seal can be replaced without
removing the window. On my 71 BGT I do not see how this is possible due to
inability to reach the screws (rivets?) holding the seal to the exterior door
panel with the side-window glass in place.

Also, do I have to remove the entire vent-window frame to replace the vent
window seals?

In addition to window fittings, I plan to replace the swivel axles (+ A-arms
and bushings), bearings, rack boots, and tie-rods on the front steering gear.

I anticipate this taking a significant amount of time, and I'd prefer not to
disassemble the entire door if possible to replace the aforementioned seals. So
as always, any insight is appreciated.

Thanks-
Dan
71 BGT