71 MGB water pump help

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 MGB water pump help
From: "Bernie" <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 00:52:04 -0400
looks like my water pump went kaput this evening, it's leaking anti freeze
like a sieve.
Tomorrow I will install a new waterpump, any collective wisdom from the list
of quirks I should be aware of, any problems in re-installing the pump, should
I dry run the pump for a bout 30 seconds or so before adding water (Moss
recommends this, I read it someplace, could be wrong)
Anyway any and all advise will be greatly appreciated, by the way one good
thing, I drove from Va. Beach, Virginia to Gatlinburg with out any problems
and the water pump has been in the car for the past 10 years so it served me
well.

Bernie