Re: wet starting?

To: sjohnson@umext.maine.edu
Subject: Re: wet starting?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:02:24 -0400
Steve,
   Lots of cranking when the spark plugs are not firing because of the
condensation could cause the plugs to be foul.  Clean them or replace
with new.
   Double-check the firing order---if the engine had been running OK
before the incident, and if you replaced the wires one-by-one ( good
practice ), they should have been in the correct order to begin with.
The rotor turns anti-clockwise.
   You said that the rotor shaft had not been pushed down all the way.
Might the rotor have struck the contacts inside the cap, damaging rotor
and cap?
   Whatever the trouble you're having, it's simple and fixable, though
frustrating on a nice day.
Bob