Re: Radiator paint

To: Allan.Thompson@ntlworld.com
Subject: Re: Radiator paint
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:46:39 -0400
Allan,
  There's nothing special about radiator paint.  The radiator get hot to
our touch, but the temp won't be over 230 degrees.  Any rattle-can paint
will do.  T-series radiators had a satin black paint that can be matched
with the Rustoleum black that has a picture of a charcoal grille on the
can.   I've seen MGAs and MGBs with both gloss black and the satin black;
I don't know which is original. You could look it up in Clausingers.
Bob

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:07:36 +0100 "Allan.Thompson"
<Allan.Thompson@ntlworld.com> writes:
> Have a radiator to replace in my 1977 MG Roadster and looking for
> advice on
> the type of paint to use and any preliminaries..
>

> I intend to have the replacement, which I took out of a donor car,
> 'pressure tested' - however that is done. and then to paint it black..
but am