Re: Breather tube

To: "Ray Wygonik" <RWYGONIK@iup.edu>
Subject: Re: Breather tube
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:38:57 -0600 (MDT)
Can't speak for the weber vacuum issues, I know most people don't hook up
vacuum on their distrubtor when they go to a weber.  As far as venting the
crankcase, you must vent the crankcase.  If you don't, you will get
excessive crankcase pressure, and oil will be forced out wherever it can
go.  That would most likely be around seals.  If you have an inoprative
PCV system, you may end up burning oil.  I did that for about 6 months one
year, then I realized why I was losing so much oil, and why I saw oil
smoke when I left a stop.

Phil Bates