Re: Exhaust hitting

To: dcouncill@msubillings.edu
Subject: Re: Exhaust hitting
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:15:24 -0400
  Replacement rear springs for my GT ( this was 4-5 years ago -- may not
be valid today )   raised it too high. I considered lowering blocks but
was put off by what seemed high expense for simple chunks of aluminium.
Asked a spring shop about de-arching.  The owner said that he had seen a
number of MGB rear springs that were too high when new. He suggested
removing the 12" leaf ( second leaf) for a year or two, letting the
springs settle, then reinstalling it if/when the others flattened too
much.  Easy to do, and free.  It's worked well for me, and the car is
still a bit higher than we would like it to be.
  It's a cost-free way to experiment with height.
Bob