Re: OD-Transmission

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>,
Subject: Re: OD-Transmission
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:56:36 +0100
Except it isn't as simple as that - you will be depending on the reverse
light switch *closing* to act as the fail-safe for the OD failing to *open*,
and need a relay in addition to the two switches, which probably has a
higher failure rate than these switches.  I have never heard of one of these
switches failing in the closed position, but failing to close is quite well
known.  Given that, there is little point in adding complication.

PaulH.