Re: What kind of top do you recommend?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What kind of top do you recommend?
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:44:24 -0700 (PDT)
--- John.Hed@faa.gov wrote:

> A)  Any advice on which will last better/longer ?
> B)  Does the Stayfast keep it's nice look?
> C)  Where is the best places to buy them.

John - I put a Moss Stayfast top on my MGA when I
resored it and I haven't regretted the extra expense.
It really looks nice.  So nice, it's been suggested
that I show the car with the top up.  It's only
been two years, but so far it's still very flexible
and looks like new.  There are some pictures of
it here: http://tildebang.com/mg/index37.html .
Unfortunately, I've never bothered to take a really
good picture of the car with the top up; I should.
I had the top fitted by a local upholstery/top
shop.  They didn't mind using s supplied top.  They
also installed the Moss seat covers.  The MGA top is
trickier to install than the MGA top, and their
price was reasonable, so I considered it good
insurance that I wouldn;t botch the job.  I can
really reccommend the Stayfast top from Moss.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com