Re: No oil pressure - rebuilt engine

To: "John Speiser" <jspeiser@verizon.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No oil pressure - rebuilt engine
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:36:50 +0100
Did you actually see oil at the pressure relief valve?  Or just movement of
the valve?  If just the latter, with my suspicious mind, I'd be wondering if
there *was* any oil there or the valve moved for some other reason.  If no
oil then a common mistake is to get the strainer or pump gasket on the wrong
way up, or an air leak, or simply not priming the pump.  If at the valve,
then it is only a gnat's gambol from there to the gauge and cooler flow
fittings.

PaulH.