RE: Help with MGB purchase

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with MGB purchase
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:45:24 -0400
I'd suggest that your friend look at some of the "how to buy an MGB"
sections on various websites.  There's
http://www.mgexperience.net/library.php#buy or
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/buytext.htm, and there are many others that
he can find by doing a web search ("buying MGB" or something like that).
Lindsay Porter's "MGB Restoration Manual" has a section on it as well.
I don't know if anything specific to a 78 that would be different from
other years, just look for rust in the sills, floors, etc.  He can check
to see if the original ZS carb is still there, which might or might not
be a good thing depending on what he wants - a lot of people replace
them with SU or Weber.  Condition of the body is probably the most
important thing to look for - a new engine will cost less than new
sills.

He'll also need to look out for people who don't like rubber bumpers.

--Steve (1980 MGB)