Re: MGA Fuel Filter

To: Wilkmanracing@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Fuel Filter
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:00:35 -0400
Bill,

Do yourself a favour and take the tank out, get it cleaned out and
treat with that stuff specially made for sealing tanks.   I filter is
fine but do not rely on it if your tank is a rust bucket !!!

At 01:13 PM 9/4/2006, Wilkmanracing@aol.com wrote:
>I'm new to the list, although I've owned a 1960 MGA since 1985 that  has been
>in the family since new.  I'm now in the process of putting the  car back on
>the road after a stint "on blocks" while the engine was being  rebuilt.  My
>question is, does anyone have some suggestions as to where to  plumb a fuel
>filter into an MGA.  After its period off the road, I'm sure  there is a fair
>amount of gunk in the fuel system that would be better
>filtered  than sent to the
>carburetors.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Bill Wilkman
>
>Your messages not reaching the list?
>Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs