RE: LE on the cover of the new Moss catalog...

To: "Marc" <smarc@smarc.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LE on the cover of the new Moss catalog...
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:23:43 -0700
Marc:

Good eyes on the wipers. It never rains in California, so they say.

The original LE wheels had a fairly wide variation in paint finish, as
the painted areas were "as cast" and varied in surface from smooth to
slightly pebbled.

The paint was pretty thick and was a high gloss, so much of the
imperfections were covered.

The rims were machined, but not highly polished, then sprayed with clear
coat. The clear coat did not hold up very well to sunlight, so is often
yellowed and dull but the unpolished rims were never highly reflective.

The owner of the LE on the Moss cover had his wheels polished and
refinished during the restoration of the car, which is why they look so
shiny. Since they are not clear coated, they do shine much brighter than
original.

We snagged the car from the owner to do a Fuel Injection test install
before the owner had a chance to add the final touches such as wipers.

BTW. The LE wheels have been produced again, we received a shipment last
week. They do look very nice and the finish is an exact match to the
original. I compared the new wheel to those on our 50 mile LE.

The only visible difference is that they have the manufacturer's
identification on the inner face where the size and part number are
cast.

If anyone wishes, I can send them an image of the new wheel.

All the best

Kelvin