Re: Leaking jet hose - what solution?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaking jet hose - what solution?
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:45:29 -0700
Those jet hoses are one of my pet peeves. I just popped one off the other
day trying to set the mixture -- one slip of the spanner and bingo, you need
a new jet.

It is inconceivable to me that this item, which is critical to operation and
to fire safety, can consist of a cheap plastic tube with a press fit at
either end. Why doesn't it at least have a permanently fixed brass nipple at
either end, so the tube can be replaced as necessary? It's insane...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149