Radiator cooling fan thermostat removal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator cooling fan thermostat removal
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:48:14 EDT
The cooling fans on my 1977 MGB have quit working. I have shorted the wires
going to the radiator fan thermostat and the fans run fine, therefore I  have
concluded that the problem is with the thermostat in the radiator. I have
gently twisted, pulled,pried cajoled, and pondered but can't figure out how to
remove this short of getting out my hammer!!!  Do I need to drain some  water
out of the radiator before taking this out? Moss shows two units. One for  an
early model and one for a later model. Mine is an early model which shows to
be about $20.00 cheaper but was curious if the later unit was improved or just
more expensive. Thanks  Dave Matthews