Re: Odometer and charcoal canister

To: "Steve Johnson" <sjohnson@umext.maine.edu>
Subject: Re: Odometer and charcoal canister
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:59:52 -0500
Isn't there a button on the front bezzle of your speedo? Mine has
been sticking, if I don't press it and pull it out right, I don't
get the trip odo. The regular works fine.

As to the charcoal canister. Take it apart, and replace it with
aquarium activated charcoal. There's also some fiberous material in
there. Replace that with the 3M Green Scrubbie pad. Cut to fit. There
brand new, less than $10.

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:13 AM, Steve Johnson wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> My 1973 MGB is back on the road but winter is fast closing in here.
> Two
> questions: How does one reset the trip odometer? My float valve stuck
> and pushed massive amounts of fuel through the bypass. After I fixed
> that issue, I changed the oil, but what do I do with the charcoal
> canister vapor recovery? Is it OK or do I replace the charcoal?
> Thanks.
>

> Steve

Paul Root
ptroot@iaces.com