RE: A set of 4 deep dish Mag slot wheels from a 240z 260z

To: "paul" <paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A set of 4 deep dish Mag slot wheels from a 240z 260z
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:52:34 -0700
Paul:

I'm thinking these are probably the same as a set I had many years ago.
The ones I had were 7" wide, which made them a bit wide even for a
Datsun, but a lot of people liked that meaty look. I ended up swapping
them out to a Datsun owner for something a bit saner for my stock wheel
arch car.

They had more offset than an MGB wheel which stuck them out even a bit
farther, which was pretty normal for American mags at the time.

It's likely they are going to be a real close fit to the Sebring Flares,
but they might work.  Sorry, I can't give you any better than that. The
235 tires will fit under the Sebring fenders, but the wheel offset may
not center them and could cause rubbing.

I'm planning on running a similar wheel (7" Western Minilite Look alike)
on my Sebring flared MGC GT (long term project) but have made up knock
off adapters to fit them to the stock wire wheel axle. From some
mockups, they should fit fine but don't mount in the same location as
your bolt on wheels.

One possibility. If they don't fit on the rear of your car you could
always swap to a wire wheel Salisbury rear end with bolt on hubs. This
would give you an extra inch or so of clearance.

One last thing to question. The 235/60-14 tire is way tall for a 4
banger with regular gearing to handle. I hope you have something with a
bit more poke under the bonnet or you are going to have an awful machine
at stop lights.

Hope this helps

Kelvin.