Re: Attaching the rear gearbox mounts

To: peter.schauss@ngc.com
Subject: Re: Attaching the rear gearbox mounts
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:39:21 -0400
Peter,
   I do not believe that there is an easy way to do this.  At best it's
awkward.
   Some drill holes in the X member to permit socket wrench access to the
mount fastenings.
   Some prefer to remove the X member, attach to the gearbox, then raise
the assembly and refasten Xmember.
   Whatever one does, he is working in shadows and restricted spaces.
Access is difficult, and when nuts are started, there is usually dirt
falling and jamming the threads.  Best advice  I can offer is to clean,
clean, clean with squirt bottles of paint thinnner or some other cheap
solvent,  to have a flashlight that can be held in the mouth, and to have
wrenches of all types within arm's reach.
Bob