Scimitar GTE alternative wheel for MGB?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Scimitar GTE alternative wheel for MGB?
From: "paul" <paul.morgan@monifieth.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:52:47 +0000
I'm sure I read somewhere that Scimitar GTE wheels fit the MGB unfortunately
they're miles away & trial fit them before buying.
The seller states that the wheels have "6x14x.105 OUT" stamped on them.
On this site > http://www.v8register.net/subpages/V8NOTE310.htm
It states "Reproduction wheels have been produced and are available in
limited numbers. The chrome plating does not appear to be as robust as the
original wheels and the alloy centre is devoid of marks on the back. The
casting is also sharper edged. The alloy centre is also used on some Reliant
Scimitars, but is machined differently around the cut-outs. The gentle curve
on the radius of each cut out is left with a sharp angle on the Scimitar
application, and the Scimitar also used two sleeve bolt diameters. The
Scimitar rim is wider, but will 'just' fit the MGB - rear arch clearance can
be a problem. "
 I think that answers my question but I'd like a definate answer before
buying. Thanks Paul

My MGB blog>
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=75707544&blogID=132810489&MyToken=54d2d578-1340-4b0f-9d49-6cc9a5ba2827