Re: EXHAUST MANIFOLD

To: "Bernie" <1971mgb@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EXHAUST MANIFOLD
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:02:20 -0000
In addition to Kelvin the parts catalogue shows *four* for the twin SU
cars - 18GA, 18GA to GD, 18GG to GK, and 18V.  The easily discernable
differences between them are in the number of ports on the balance tube -
the first having two small ones in the central portion, then two small and
one larger, then three small with the previous larger one blanked off but a
new larger one right at the rear end at an angle (brake servo), then a
combination of these last two i.e. 3 small and the central larger one opened
out again plus the angled one.  It also shows two twin SU exhaust
manifolds - one for 18Gx engines and one for 18V, so this may be when the
thickness of the flanges changed.

PaulH.