seat belts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat belts
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:44:50 -0600
we need to replace the seat belts in our 73 roadster.

i would like to find a set that has tongues? small enough to fit into the
little plastic brackets behind the seats, but have catches?  long enough
that my wife can put the seat forward enough to drive the car.  the usual
suspects (VB, Moss, etc) sell exactly the same seat belt that is too short
by by the tranny tunnel and catches the seat, or holds it back from moving
forward.  if you push it out of the way and move the seat (with difficulty)
past it, then it is hard to reach down and click the seat belt into the
insert.  (sorry about the nomenclature here!)

anyone with short legs using an aftermarket seat belt that solves these
problems?

thanks.