Re: radio

To: Monte/Jane Morris <montejane@gmail.com>, MG list
Subject: Re: radio
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:56:03 +0100
Hi Monte,

Older radios have a kind of screw inside, which functions as an attenuation
for the arial.
This is to match the impedance of the arial with the receiving part of the
radio.
Try to find this screw, which is normally attached to a variable capacitor
and turn it while the radio has been tuned to a less powerfull radiostation.
A manual will help in finding the screw.
When the best sound is reached, the radio has been tuned with the arial
impedance.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT w/o radio - I prefer the sound of the engine....