Air Filter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Filter
From: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:18:31 -0600
After three weeks I changed my 1980 MGB Zenith Carbs to SU 135's.  I
purchased a new fair of KN air filter from Moss Motors.  I was told
the these would fit.  When bolting on the rear filter the chrome
outer cover was against the vacuum boost of the brake master
cylinder.  I need a filter that bolt on without moving the engine or
the master cylinder.  I like the looks of the filters, but something
would brake later.

Has any one gone through this?  If so what is the solution?  I would
like to have a good airflow filter.  I call the KN expert and I do
think he can do anything to look up parts numbers and take orders.

Thomas L. Burgin