Re: Choke

To: tburgin1@cox.net
Subject: Re: Choke
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:51:11 -0500
Tom,
   It is the MGB you describe?  Backwards it may seem, but it works well
enough.  The lubricant does dry out and the cable benefits from an
occasional drop of oil or WD 40 every so often.  If yours is difficult to
pull, try a few drops of the WD 40 for an initial loosening-up, then some
drops of oil once it works smoothly.  Meantime, you can take a bit of the
load off the choke cable by pressing the throttle when you pull the
choke.
   If the cable is still scratchy it may be that the inner wire has a
broken strand or two that catches on the ID of the outer cable.  Usually,
though not always, you can slide out the old inner cable and replace with
new inner cable, leaving the old outer cable in place.
Bob