Re: tire question

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire question
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:44:52 +0100
I do not believe the sidewalls are plugged in NL.
But I am sure the running surface gets plugged when needed.
Perhaps I did not review Dons message in full depth.
His case maybe is just on the  edge of what is possible to fix.

Sidewalls of radial ply tires are vulnarable and visible damages often are
an indication, that the steel radial cords inside are damaged with all
risks.
My wife is a typical tire killer. She kills sidewalls of tires when hitting
the pavements while trying to park once every two years..... This costs a
new tire then, so on her car no expensive tires will be fitted.

Cheers.

Hans