Re: Motor Mounts

To: "Valda and Merl Rosenthal" <mvrose@charter.net>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Mounts
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:38:05 -0600
At 07:00 AM 12/27/2006 -0800, Valda and Merl Rosenthal wrote:
>.... 1980 MGB. .... I found 2 shim plates (each >1/8) between the
>motor and top of rubber on the motor mount,

This is common for a dual SU carb conversion to move the rear air
cleaner a little farther away from the brake booster.  See middle of
page here: http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/carbswap_zs2su/page2.html
The last photo on page and first photos on next page detail
installation of these shim plates.

>.... What is the trick in  installing the bolt on the driver side
>motor mount because of the steering rod is in the way. ....

Got this covered.  See same web page.  Look at the second picture in
the second row from bottom of page:
http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/carbswap_zs2su/1140.jpg

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude