Re: What are the normal voltages going to the dynamo D and F

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: What are the normal voltages going to the dynamo D and F
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:52:08 -0000
I'd imagine that the regulator buzzing *would* change to some extent with
engine speed as the output from the dynamo varies with engine speed, so more
regulation would be required at higher engine speeds/dynamo outputs than at
low.  The same thing happens as the battery becomes charged - the amount of
regulation increases to reduce the average current being pushed through the
battery.  But as I mentioned before I wouldn't expect to hear it over the
engine normally, I haven't had a dynamo-equipped car for many years but
don't recall it when I did.  To me a loud buzzing from the control box would
imply a problem, but you would need to determine which of the 2 or 3 relays
it was coming from.

PaulH.