Re: cooling

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cooling
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:55:40 -0800
Well, actually, the internal combustion process is more efficient at higher
temperatures, which is why experiments have been conducted with completely
uncooled engines, which attempt to reduce the dissipation of heat energy
into the atmosphere (and eliminates the parasitic losses from the water
pump). Heat is not a "waste" product, like it is in say, an incandescent
light bulb, or a computer chip. Combustion is the energy source -- if the
engine is producing more power, it is because more calories of heat energy
are being produced.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149