New, old member

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New, old member
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:53:06 -0800 (PST)
Hello Friends,
   Rick Lindsay here.  Its been a few years since I
joined this list but I have returned to the fold
because I find myself on the verge of purchasing a
1970 split-bumper B.  The car has a few issues but the
price is more than right.
   The engine has two cylinders that are reported to
be a little low on compression (single dry test, cold
engine and not my work) but the car runs okay and does
not smoke or burn oil.  Dry and wet compression tests
were not run and the owner wouldn't know the
difference.  He is going on the word of a local
mechanic who gave the car a quick once-over.  I
suspect that the engine just needs a top-end job but I
won't know for sure until I get the car.  Even if it
needs rings - or worse - the price is still right.
   The body is straight with only one repair to the
right rear wing near the tail light.  The repair was
done moderately well with minimal filler used for the
final finish.  The paint is red over the original dark
BRG and is in acceptable condition.
   Interior is also acceptable.  The dash top is
cracked, as is usual, but a coverlay will remedy that
ugliness.  The door caps are uncracked and the panels
are flat.  Upholstery is unripped and the carpets are
okay, if dirty.  The radio is missing and that is
probably a bonus!
   Transmission is relatively new and the car has OD.
The wire wheels could use a complete cleaning,
adjustment and given the appearance, probably paint.
Tires are okay but old and should be replaced.

   That's all I can report at this time.  I should
have the car by next weekend and will report back at
that time.  Until then, I will go back to lurking.
It's nice to be back.

Regards,

rick