RE: Air filter

To: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air filter
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:29:25 -0800
Thomas:

If this is the K & N cone type filter it fits in most installations.
Once in a while the tolerances in the engine mountings may stack up
enough for it to rub. Many late MGBs had flat sheet metal spacers under
one or the other engine mount to adjust for variations in shell
construction. These are often left out when the engine is removed, or
new mounts installed. Using one of these spacers under the LH motor
mount is usually all that is required to get the K & N filters to clear.

Kelvin.