[MGS] Change of state

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [MGS] Change of state
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:10:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Friends,
  The last 8 weeks have been crazy as we attended to
my 91-year-old mother as my father's health declined
in the hospital.  A week ago Dad passed away. Today,
we're starting to get back to normal.
   My '70 split bumper MGB restoration had been on
hold as of late, as you might imagine.  My ignition is
rebuilt and (static) timed, the carbs are rebuilt and
properly aligned (static), and the battery fully
charged - but the car had not been started.
  Tonight I found just a few moments to visit the
garage and decided to implement a little test.
There's no fuel in the rebuilt system so I squirted a
tiny blast of starting fluid into each carb and turned
the key.  The car started immediately and sounded
smooth for the second to two that it ran!
   So I write; My long-dead '70 split-bumper MGB has
changed state.  It is now a running car! :-)  This
weekend I will go to the station and buy a gallon of
fuel to charge the fuel system.  That should make the
car go!  Of course, the next problem is that it won't
stop. :-\  I have a full brake rebuild ahead of me.
Still, a running car is pretty good motivation to work
on the brakes!

best,

rick