Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress

To: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com> wrote: Hey Gang,
   I made just a little progress on the restoration of
my '70 B.

<snip>

   I have to say; Much of the pleasure I get from
restoration work is from making the old parts work as
new - not from swapping parts from the
Moss/Victoria/TRF catalog.
---------------
Ditto, Rick! I was thinking the other day - I intend to have the bodywork and
new paint done on my '65 - but am trying to keep and restore as many of the
original parts as I can. I'm bagging and tagging everything, and once I get the
body sent out, will start sorting out the other stuff. I definitely prefer
parts with a 'patina' on them, and would rather replace a part this is unusable
with a used part if at all possible.

Unfortunately, I''m currently on hiatus from the '65 as I pull the '76's engine
for a potential ring job. I'm sure shipwright's disease will strike me on this

      Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/