Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MGS] A little restoration progress
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 07:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote: On 17/05/2007, at 10:36 PM, Dan
DiBiase wrote:

> Rick Lindsay  wrote: Hey Gang,
>    I made just a little progress on the restoration of
> my '70 B.
>

>    I have to say; Much of the pleasure I get from
> restoration work is from making the old parts work as
> new - not from swapping parts from the
> Moss/Victoria/TRF catalog.
> ---------------
> Ditto, Rick! I was thinking the other day - I intend to have the
> bodywork and new paint done on my '65 - but am trying to keep and
> restore as many of the original parts as I can.

Hey,

You guys want to come down and make my clutch work?

I am sick of getting the thing re-built, only to have it fail a few
months later.

I might go back to a bog-standard Borg & Beck... maybe you restorers
can do me up an old one for nothing?

--------------
Ok, Mr Smarty Pants.... ;-) I would think that I'll probably NOT re-use things
like the clutch, brake pads, brake lines, wiring, etc. But those things are
mostly hidden away. Oh, and I have put new seat covers on. The old ones were
totally unusable. Things like switches, pedals, handles, latches, etc. - those
I plan to clean up and re-use. I was originally thinking I'd like the car to be
as it came from the factory, but now I think I would like it to be like a very
well-maintained daily driver after about 20 years. ;-)

      Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/