[MGS] 70 hard turning window crank and loose vent hinges

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [MGS] 70 hard turning window crank and loose vent hinges
From: "davewillner" <dwillner@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:26:57 -0400
Couple questions....I'm going to replace the rubber vent seals along the
bottom of the vent windows on the MGB this weekend, have some pretty good
instruction, seems relatively easy.

In addition I want to see if I can "loosen" up and enable the windows to
crank a bit more easily than they do now.  Is there an area or some joints I
need to look at and maybe grease or loosen up (any rust) a bit, both sides
seem to crank pretty hard, matter of fact my wife broke off the handle on
the passenger winder last week. Yes, I know

Also, at speed, the vent windows don't stay open as much as I'd like, they
tend to almost close in the wind and I'm wondering what the fix is for
these?

Appreciate the help, thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA