[MGS] A few more console repairs

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [MGS] A few more console repairs
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Friends,
   Tonight I installed the radio cage in my car's
console.  But first, I discovered that that the cage
wouldn't fit!  The opening was just a tiny bit ( 1mm )
too narrow.  It seems that the original stereo was
installed without the removable cage system used
today.  So step one was to widen the opening a little.
 For this I used the pneumatic nibbler.

   Once the cage fit, I realized that the bezel around
the radio would not cover a tear in the vinyl.  I
decided to repair the vinyl rather than just ignoring
the flaw.
   In picture http://www.aubard.us/MGB/console_01.jpg
you can see the damaged bit in the upper left corner.
After installing the cage in the console, I repaired
the torn vinyl with Leatherique's Crack Filler.
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/console_02.jpg shows the
repair as well as the great appearance of the vinyl
paint.  Once the Crack Filler has cured, I will touch
up the repair with new vinyl paint.  The solution will
not be perfect but it will be much better.  I'll then
install the radio, it's trim bezel and get everything
wired.
   Someone asked about the new switches I used.  You
can see them plainly in the previous picture.  Here is
a close-up ( http://www.aubard.us/MGB/console_03.jpg
).

regards,

rick