Re: [MGS] Re: Dash refinishing

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MGS] Re: Dash refinishing
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:55:17 +0100
According to the schematics the dash repeaters always operated with both
turn signals and hazard signals, they are permanently tied in to the
circuits to the lamps on the corners of the car, so will flash regardless of
whether the power comes from the turn signal switch or the hazard switch.
The additional console warning lamp only seems to have been provided on US
spec cars (another local regulation?) and as such was rather overkill.  One
curiosity is that from 68 to 72 the schematics show US cars having a 3
terminal flasher unit with the third terminal powering the console repeater.
After that the lamp was wired to the previously unused 6th connection on the
hazard switch and a 2 terminal flasher unit used.

PaulH.