[Mgs] Two 12 volt batteries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Two 12 volt batteries
From: toms_mg@tombuchanan.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:40:26 -0400 (EDT)
   I travel around alot with a laptop with a cellphone hooked so I can
stay connected to the internet. There are times that the computer will
run the battery down when I leave it on too long with out the engine
running. What I'm planning to do is to put two 12v batteries (one in
each battery hole in my early 74 B) connected in parallel which will
still give me 12v but twice the usage time or twice the cranking time
(I'll use marine battery clamps so I can take advantage of straps
instead of "T" clamps).
   I also plan to put a battery cutoff switch on the jump seat wall behind
the driver's seat on the negative side.
   Does anyone see any problems with my plans?

Thanks
Tom