Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:52:43 -0700
I concur about them being strong. I've been flogging mine for years, and
last fall in the California Melee I drove the heck out of it, thru
mountains, on freeways, in temps up into the 90s, all with it in an
indifferent state of tune due to insufficient prep time. And that's with
60-70K miles on the engine.

Or, another example: before I had installed the overdrive, I did a round
trip to Yosemite in September... 95 degress in the central valley,
maintaining 85 mph on the freeway. Can't manage that now despite the OD
because the wheels need truing -- it would shake my ears off.

I would surmise the noise and vibration (and wind blast, in a roadster)
would cap your speed before you got to the point of stressing the engine.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149