Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB Cruising Speed.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:06:47 +0100
The comment about the carbs and getting the *ideal* curve (as opposed to the
design curve) on a rolling road is perfectly correct, but you can diagnose a
faulty curve i.e. too aggressive due to tired advance springs with nothing
more than a timing light, preferable an adjustable one where you can turn a
dial until the flashes are on TDC then read off the real advance from the
dial.  With a standard engine and carbs in good condition I'd expect mixture
to be pretty much as it should be, it is timing which is more likely to go
off.

PaulH.