Re: [Mgs] Oil filter mount, oil cooler, accusump ....

To: "Larry Colen" <lrc@red4est.com>, "MG List" <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil filter mount, oil cooler, accusump ....
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:57:14 +0100
You can get that with spin-ons as well, if my experience with an expensive
Volvo filter at the last oil change is anything to go by, but they are
preferable, just be sure you put plenty of fresh oil on the rubber ring, and
be sure not to tighten them any more than it says on the can.  The V8 is
remote and suspended, so by wrapping newspaper round the bottom it is
usually possible to catch the spillage that occurs even with these.  The
upended filter on the roadster is a pain, some always gets past the paper
and runs down the side of the crankcase and sump.

PaulH.