Re: [Mgs] trunk lid

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] trunk lid
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:15:52 +0100
Just had a closer look at mine.  I was thinking it was like the door latches
where the release button causes it to spring back.  But I see that as you
push the button in pulls the hook back away from the loop at the bottom of
the surround.  So if the release button isn't going all the way down when it
jams, and that only happens when it is closed, maybe the hook is too tight
on the loop.  But if it does go all the way down but still doesn't release
the lid then I reckon it is distortion such that the hook needs to come back
further before it will release the loop.  The easiest way of achieving this
would be to push the loop *forwards*.

Paul.