[Mgs] My 2 cents.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] My 2 cents.....
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:09:40 EDT
To the list,
A couple of you have somehow gotten your proverbial wires crossed. So  I'm
going to say something in defense of my fellow club member and friend Kelvin
Dodd. Anyone that knows Kelvin knows just how far out of his way he'll go to
assist, help, council, suggest and provide what ever he can to a fellow
enthusiast in need . And all  in a manner totally free of  having any "strings
attached"!! He's one of those rare individuals who I  wouldn't hesitate to
recommend
to anyone that I felt they might benefit from his  wise and totally
altruistic experience.
I first met Kelvin Dodd at one of our monthly General Meetings.  Usually
someone in his position would be so full of himself and all of the B/S  that
comes
from being one of the big fish in the pond...and believe me Kelvin  is very
well known and a highly respected person, by LCB enthusiasts  and aficionados
WORLDWIDE! We're extremely lucky to be only an email away from  him. He
regularly freely offers us a huge resource of  data & knowledge .
Finally I've NEVER heard him boast or flap his gulp valve in what could  ever
be taken as a self serving statement or sentence. One person even  suggested
that Kelvin change his email address as to not give even a veiled  suggestion
of impropriety, or that he was "on the job"! To the  contrary, Moss Motors
should be commended and held in reverence for allowing  Kelvin the autonomy to
serve the MG community while he on their clock. You  try to get that service
from some other Parts house & see how far you  get before the meter starts
running.
Kelvin Dodd has some great mentors and teachers in the way of , Ken  Smith,
Harry Haigh, Al Moss and others. And that's a pretty  awesome group of MG and
Triumph heavyweights. But Kelvin would be  last absolutely LAST person to toot
his own Hooter (Horn) so I  consider it an honor to rise to my friends
defense...although he doesn't  need it. Never did and never will. We should
consider
ourselves lucky to  have him in our circle.
I know he's going to be PO'ed that I went on and on but Kelvin is  someone
that I admire and respect both as a friend and a fellow CCBCC club  member...
Albert Escalante CCBCC (West Coast)