Re: [Mgs] Moss tube shock conversion

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Moss tube shock conversion
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:02:31 +0100
You do surprise me.  When I had a rear telescopic (fitted by the PO) fail I
had to replace both as I couldn't get an exact match.  They cost me about 10
times the price of a pair of rebuilt lever-arms, which only need replacing
singly anyway.  Several years later the 'new' telescopics are getting softer
and softer and of course the adjusters have seized.  The irony being that
when new they had to be kept on their softest setting or they were way too
hard.  Not wishing to wait until it fails the annual test I bought a pair of
used lever-arms, drop-links and bottom plates at a spares show for about ten
quid.  Even if I had to replace the lever-arms (although they felt fine) it
would still be much cheaper than another pair of telescopics but in the
event they are fine.

PaulH.