[Mgs] Paper or Felt Oil Filters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Paper or Felt Oil Filters
From: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 02:26:56 EDT
Which is best, paper or felt oil filters?  My MGA has the felt  type.  I
noticed when I changed the filter the other day, that the felt  element was
crammed tightly against the filter body.  I had to use needle  nose pliers to
get it
out, it was so tight.  This led me to wonder how any  filtering could take
place, if the oil could not freely pass between the inside  and outside of the
filter element.  I'm looking forward to hearing the  wisdom of the list.

Thanks.

Bill Wilkman