[Mgs] Tachometers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Tachometers
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 01:01:24 -0500
I've a couple of questions for the rocket surgeons.

'67 B, converted to neg ground by DPO.

The tach has always read about double what the actual revs are. Tried a new
voltage regulator and it fixed the problem with the other gauges, but not
the tach.

1. Realizing the DPO might not have done the conversion right, what could
be causing the tach to read double (or so) the actual revs.

2. I will be installing an MSD5 kit soon. I'd like to know what has to be
done to the tach. I put one in the Jag and the tach swings wild but drives
a lot better.

Glenn
Brute Force and Ignorance!
                        - Kelvin Dodd